- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 4, 2011
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/glazed-ham-with-pineapple-and-cloves
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Glazed ham with pineapple and cloves is a classic. This easy recipe makes a great Sunday night supper for a crowd. Here's a delicious dinner recipe for glazed ham with pineapple and cloves.
- 1, 10 to 11 pound bone-in ham, fully cooked (rump half)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup honey
- 24 cloves
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored, and halved lengthwise (cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices)
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees F. Place ham on rack in roasting pan; bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until ham reaches its internal temperature of 135 degrees F.
- Mix honey, mustard, and ground cloves in small bowl; remove ham from oven; cut off any rind and all but a thin layer of fat. Using a long knife, score fat in a 1-inch wide diamond pattern; press 1 whole clove into center of each diamond and brush generously with some of the honey glaze; bake ham for another 15 minutes.
- Using toothpicks, attach slices of pineapple to the ham; brush pineapple all over with glaze; bake for 20 minutes longer; brush again with glaze. Transfer ham to a platter and remove pineapple slices; arrange slices alongside the ham.
- May also use brown sugar instead of honey, just pat it on thickly into the mustard.