- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/fruit-stuffing-or-dressing
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Fruit Stuffing or Dressing. Here's a stuffing that's both sweet and savory, thanks to apples, pears and prunes.
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups soft bread cubes
- 1 1/2 cup apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup pears, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup prunes, cooked, pitted, and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook celery and onion in butter until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Mix lightly with other ingredients.
- To stuff a turkey: Fill main turkey cavity and neck cavity with stuffing. Bake remaining dressing in a dish as outlined below.
- To Bake dressing in pan:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 15 x 10 inch baking dish. Transfer stuffing to prepared dish. Cover with buttered foil and bake until heated through, about 45 minutes. Uncover and Bake until top is golden brown, about 15 minutes.