- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/french-style-potato-salad
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for French Style Potato Salad. White wine and Dijon mustard give this potato salad a French flavor. This is a perfect picnic recipe as it doesn't use any mayonnaise.
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh fennel, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 pounds small unpeeled red-skinned potatoes
- Whisk vinegar and mustard together in medium bowl then gradually whisk in the oil. Stir in remaining dressing ingredients. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper. The dressing can be prepared a day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature and whisk in wine before using.
- Wash potatoes then cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Steam potatoes until tender, about 8 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes then pour vinaigrette over warm potatoes. Toss gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.