- Recipe created by FabFood on Aug 17, 2008
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/football-field-decorated-cake
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Easy to make Footballl Field decorated cake. This simple to decorate cake would make a perfect Superbowl or sports party dessert.
- You Will Need:
- 1 large baked rectangular cake sweetened coconut for grass
- green food coloring
- use white frosting to mark the lines and numbers on the football field
- frosting in your team's color
- plastic drinking straws
- small plastic football figures (optional).
- Make and bake your favorite cake recipe using a rectangular pan and let cool.
- To make the grass tint coconut green (click here for how to tint coconut instructions), and cover top of cake with green coconut.
- Use white frosting to mark the lines and numbers on the football field.
- Frost the ends of the field with your team's color and pipe their name on over the frosting in white.
- Make the goal posts out of straws using small blobs of icing to stick them together. Use liquorice tubes to sand the goal posts in.
- Add football figures (optional).