- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Faux Fondue. This dip has many of the same flavors as fondue, but it can be kept warmer for a longer period without reservations.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- What to Dip:
- baguette slices
- broccoli and cauliflower florettes
- carrot and celery sticks
- cherry tomatoes
- cucumber slices
- zucchini slices
- cooked tiny new potatoes
- Makes About 3 Cup
- 1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F.
- 2. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 3 minutes. Removed from the heat and stir in the brandy.
- 3. Mix the mayonnaise with the Swiss cheese and Parmesan in a medium bowl. Stir in the onion. Transfer to a heatproof 1 quart dish. (The dip can be prepared up to 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated. If it is chilled, increase the baking time accordingly.)
- 4. Bake until the dip is bubbly -- about 30 minutes. Serve hot.