- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/famous-dave-s-twice-smoked-ham
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Famous Dave Anderson's Twice Smoked Ham. Here is the barbecue king's recipe for his most famous twice smoked ham.
- 1 smoked, bone-in ham, 12-15 pounds
- whole cloves
- pineapple slices
- maraschino cherries
- 1 cup frozen tangerine juice concentrate
- 1 cup all fruit apricot preserves (Dave likes to use Polaner)
- 1/2 cup French Pommery mustard
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Score the ham in a cross diamond pattern. Stud the ham with whole cloves at each cross intersection.
- Smoke at 225Â° F for 3 hours. Remove ham and place on a sheet pan. Secure the pineapple slices and cherries to the ham with toothpicks.
- To make the glaze, combine glaze ingredients and mix well. Generously slather ham with glaze and bake in a 350Â° F oven for 1 1/2 hours. Brush with the ham glaze every 20 minutes or so. Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes before serving.