- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse-s-cheese-baked-grits
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Emeril Lagasse's Cheese Baked Grits. Here is Southern comfort food at its finest.
- 2 cups yellow grits (not quick or instant grits)
- 1 stick (1/4 pound butter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2. Prepare the grits according to package directions. Add the butter, salt, black pepper, garlic and cheese. Mix until the butter and cheese melt. Beat together the eggs and milk in a small bowl. Add to the grits and mix well.
- 3. Pour into an 8 inch square baking dish and bake for about 1 hour, or until the mixture sets.
- 4. Serve immediately.