- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Easy to Decorate Easter Egg Cake. Wow the kids and your friends with this super easy Easter egg cake. All the fun is in the decorating.
- your favorite box cake, any flavor
and green food coloring
- green, orange, yellow, and pink decorator gel
- white decorator frosting
- decorating tip
- silver non pareils
- round cake pans
White Buttercream Icing:
- 16-ounce package confectioners sugar
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Note: This cake uses one round cake pan. Therefore, you can make
two Easter egg cakes, or make cup akes with the remaining batter.
- Prepare cake mix as directed. Pour half the prepared batter into round
cake pan and bake as directed on box. Allow to cool thoroughly before
frosting and decorating.
- Prepare the white icing -- in a medium bowl, with mixer at medium-low speed, beat all ingredients
until the icing is smooth and of easy spreading consistency. When finished,
remove 3/4 cup of the frosting to a seperate bowl. Add a two drops of
green food coloring to the small bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
Add three drops of yellow food coloring to the large bowl of white frosting,
stir thoroughly. If you prefer pinks, add a few
drops of red food coloring, 3 for light pink, 6 or so for dark pink.
- Prep When cake is COMPLETELY cooled, cut a straight line, off center, down
the cake so that you are removing a rectangular piece from the center
of the circle. (See photo) Place rectangle at the bottom of your cake
platter, position remaining half circles together to form oval. Place
above the rectangle as if sitting on it.
- Decorate Using the green frosting, carefully frost the rectangle. Using the yellow
frosting, completely cover the "egg". Smooht frosting with a flat cake
spreader or a smooth butter knife. To decorate the cake, simply pipe designs
in zig zags, swirls and lines across the cake with decorator gel and decorator
frosting. Use non pareils to dot across the cake's surface. Use decorator
gels and dot in alternating colors along the decorator frosting piping.
Cut the ends off of gumdrops to decorate the top of the cake (see photo,
above). Line gumdrops along the bottom of the green "grass".
- You can decorate the egg however you please. Use a different color for
the frosting if you prefer. Creativity is the key!
Shop for Cake Decorating Supplies at FabulousFoods.com
- Amanda Formaro is the entrepreneurial mother of four children.
She and her husband live in southeastern Wisconsin. She is also
the owner of FamilyCorner.com