- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Easy mini chicken pot pies that make a delicious family weeknight dinner.
- 1, 10-ounce box, or bag, frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1, 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 to 3 cups pre-cooked chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 1, 15-ounce box pre-made pie crust
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter
- In a small pan, sauté onion in butter or oil until onion is clear. Remove from heat.
- Mix cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, and sautéed onion in a bowl and set aside.
- For a regular sized muffin pan, cut 4-inch rounds for bottom of pies and 2 1/2-inch rounds for tops.
- For miniature (appetizer) size, cut 2-inch round for bottom, 1/2-inch round for pot pie tops.
- Line muffin pans with bottom part of pot pie crust. Press dough to cover bottom and sides.
- Spoon in 1 tablespoon per regular muffin tin and 1/2 tablespoon for miniature size. Dot with 1/2 pat of butter and spoon 1/2 tablespoon grated cheese on top of chicken/broccoli mix.
- Place pot pie tops onto mixture. Place another 1/2 pat butter of butter on top of pastry.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes for larger pans, 10 to 15 minutes for miniature pans.