- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Easy Mexican Calzones. Serve up a simple Mexican meal with these simple calzones that can be individualized according to your family’s preference.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can ( 4ounces) green chiles, diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (1.25 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (15 ounce) refrigerated pie crust, at room temperature
- 1 cup ( 4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Construction Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 to 15 Minutes
- Paraphernalia: 12 inch skillet
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
- 2. Place browned ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat and cook until heated through. Drain any excess fat.
- 3. Add chiles, water and seasoning. Mix well.
- 4. Place unwrapped pie crusts on cutting board. UnFold. Cut each crust in half. Now you’ll have 4 half circles.
- 5. Place about 1/2 cup beef filling on half of each semi-circle crust.
- 6. Top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- 7. Dampen edge of crust with water. Fold side over filling. Crimp edges with tines of a fork.
- 8. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9. Cool a few minutes before eating, as the center filling will be hot.
- Jazz It Up: Serve with sour cream, chopped lettuce and tomato on the side.
- Dress It Down: If your kids prefer their meals a little blander, use very little of the taco seasoning mix. You might want to use a little marinara or pizza sauce instead. And definitely skip the green chiles.
- We Go Good Together: Sliced fruit