- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/dr-atkins-low-carb-mock-potato-dumplings
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Dr. Atkins Low Carb Mock Potato Dumplings. Cauliflower stands in for potatoes in this low carb Atkins diet recipe.
- 1/2 head cauliflower (1 cup mashed)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons soy flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Boil cauliflower until soft, about 25 minutes. Mash with fork or potato masher. Add eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, nutmeg and soy flour. Shape into walnut sized balls. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add salt. Drop cauliflower balls into water. When they rise, remove with a slotted spoon. Heat butter in skillet. Fry balls until brown on all sides. Drain on paper towels and serve.