- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/dr-atkins-cream-of-shitake-mushroom-soup
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Dr. Atkins Low Carb Cream of Shitake Mushroom Soup. This rich creamy soups really satisfies, without the carbs.
- 1/2 pound shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 quart beef stock
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Saute mushrooms and onions in half the butter for 5 minutes over medium heat. Mix the stocks; add mushrooms and onions. Add crushed sesame seeds and remaining butter; heat, stirring, until butter melts. Add salt. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Stir in heavy cream. Do not allow to boil. Serve warm or cold, garnished with chives.