- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/dark-chocolate-truffle-tart
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for cooking a Chocolate Truffle Tart. Looking for a decadently rich chocolate dessert? Look no further than this ultra rich tart.
- 1 baked tart dough for an 11 tart (follow this link for recipe)
- 6 ounces good dark chocolate, coarsely chopped, or broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- melted white chocolate for garnish (optional)
- Makes an 11 \" Tart, Serves 8-10
- While tart crust is baking, prepare filling. (If you\'ve baked your tart crust in advance, then preheat the oven to 400Â°F. as additional baking is necessary).Â See related links below for Tart Crust Recipe and Instructions.
- In a heavy saucepan over very low heat, melt chocolate and butter together, stirring frequently. Stir in sugar and vanilla and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and cream with a whisk until frothy and well combined. beat a small amount of the chocolate mixture in the cream mixture to temper the eggs and cream, then stir the egg mixture back into the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth. Pour into baked tart crust, then bake for about 20 minutes or until the custard is just set. Cool on a wire rack and then chill completely before serving or garnishing.
- If desired, use a pastry bag to pipe melted white chocolate in a random pattern over the chilled chocolate truffle