- Recipe created by FabFood on May 26, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/crispy-italian-fliers-chicken-wings
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground white cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, lightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 chicken wings, cut in half at joints tips removed and discarded (click here for detailed prep instructions)
- vegetable oil for frying
- warm marinara sauce for dipping, optional (click here for recipe)
- Makes 24 Pieces
- Prepare wings for cooking, click here for detailed photo instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, Parmesan, oregano, thyme, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Coat the wings in the mixture and shake off any excess.
- Pour about 1 inch of vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat to 350°F. Fry the wings for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. You may need to turn frequently near the end for even browning. Drain the wings on a rack set over a platter.
- Serve the wings with warm marinara sauce for dipping if desired.