- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/cream-cheese-stuffed-mushrooms
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 24 ounces large mushroom caps
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ounces white wine
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- 5 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped (use some of the stems from the caps)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- SautÃ© garlic in 1 teaspoon butter in a medium saucepan. Add wine, sour cream, cream cheese and chopped mushrooms, and cook over low heat until mixture is smooth.
- Meanwhile, make a roux in a separate saucepan by melting 4 tablespoons butter and stirring in the flour until smooth. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes. Add roux to cheese mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Allow mixture to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350Â° F. Put mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe into mushroom caps. Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.