- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/cranberry-glazed-cornish-game-hens
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Cranberry Glazed Cornish Game Hens. This festive recipe for Cornish Game hens is the perfect turkey alternative for an intimate holiday dinner a deux.
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce or sugar-free cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Cornish game hens
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- If necessary, remove neck and giblets from inside hen. Discard or save for another use (note: your hen may already have this done for you). Rinse with cold water, pat dry and sprinkle inside and out with salt and pepper. Place breast side up in a greased shallow baking pan. Truss birds, if necessary and place in oven.
- Serves 2-4 Combine the cranberry sauce, wine and lemon juice in a small saucepan and heat until cranberry sauce melts and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. During the last third of cooking time, brush hens with cranberry mixture, coating well on all sides. Actual baking time will depend on the size of your hens, so check package instructions, but it will probably take between 40 to 50 minutes. Baste frequently with cranberry mixturetowards the end of cooking. If sauce starts to jell, simply reheat, stirring constantly until it is melted.