- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/cornmeal-pancakes-with-serrano-and-ginger
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Cornmeal Pancakes with Serrano and Ginger. These pancakes have incredible texture and flavor. You'll never think pancakes are boring fare again!
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cup ow-fat (2%) milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 serrano or jalapeÃ±o pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, oil, serrano or jalapeÃ±o pepper and ginger. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spray nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat and spoon in batter for each pancake. Cook until the surface bubbles and the underside is golden brown. Turn and cook until bottom is golden brown as well. Place cooked pancakes in covered casserole and keep warm in oven until all pancakes are cooked and ready to serve.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 Starch/Bread, 1-1/2 Fat, 1/2 Meat/Protein, 1/4 Milk