- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/cinnamon-pineapple-pork
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Cinnamon Pineapple Pork. Pork and pineapple are a classic combination and this easy twenty minute recipe highlights that fact deliciously.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 8 crosswise pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in natural juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh jalapeÃ±o pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle each pork tenderloin piece with salt; press each piece to 1-inch thickness. Heat 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in large skillet over medium heat. Add pork pieces; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until pork is tender. Place pork pieces on serving plate; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter or margarine and red bell pepper to same skillet; cook about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in pineapple and juice, wine, ginger root, jalapeÃ±o pepper and cinnamon; simmer until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Spoon pineapple mixture over cooked pork pieces; sprinkle with cilantro.
- Nutrient Information per Serving:
- Calories: 249
- Sodium: 291 mg
- Protein: 25 gm
- Cholesterol: 67 mg
- Fat: 9 gm
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes