- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 22, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/christmas-snowball-cupcakes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Festive and fun Christmas cupcakes!
- 1-box Chocolate cake mix
- 3-ounces Cream cheese, cut into 24 cubes
- 1/2-cup Water
- 2-large Eggs
- 1/3-cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2-cup Sour cream
- 1/4-cup Finely chopped pecans
- Ingredients for frosting:
- 2-large Egg whites
- 7-ounces Marshmallow cream
- 1/2-cup Sugar
- 1-teaspoon Raspberry extract
- 2-cups Coconut, shredded
- 2-tablespoons Water
- 1-cup Colored sprinkles or red sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place paper cups in cupcake baking pan. Combine cake mix, water, oil, sour cream and eggs and beat with electric hand mixer in a large bowl on low speed for 30 to 45 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on medium speed for another minute.
- Spoon cake batter into paper cups. Place one cream cheese cube in the middle of each cupcake and press down into batter, the top of the cream cheese should be visible.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until done. Check by inserting a toothpick into the cake part in between the cream cheese and paper cup, the toothpick should come out clean. Take cupcakes out of pan to cool for about 30 minutes before frosting.
- Combine sugar, water and egg whites in a 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, continuously beating with electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks are formed, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Add marshmallow cream; beat until stiff peaks are formed. Remove saucepan and beat in Raspberry extract.
- Spread frosting evenly over cupcakes; sprinkle each with a tablespoon of coconut and top with 1/2 teaspoon of sprinkles or red sugar over each cupcake. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.