- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-guinness-cupcakes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Dave Lieberman's Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes. These cupcakes are light in texture, but heavy in the chocolate department.
- 12 ounces Guinness® stout
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- For the Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound confectioner
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Makes 24 Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Guinness®, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix in the sour cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, sugar, flour, and baking soda. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet Guinness® mixture.
- Butter 24 muffin tins and divide the batter among the muffin tins.
- Bake 25 minutes until risen and set in the middle but still soft and tender. Cool before turning out of the tins.
- Make the frosting: Beat the cream cheese in a bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually Beat in the heavy cream. Slowly mix in the confectioner's sugar.
- Top each cupcake with a heap of frosting and dust with cocoa.