- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chocolate-dipped-oreos
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies. Everyone loves these candy dipped cookies so much, they'd never guess that they're super easy to make.
- chocolate and white chocolate candy melts
- chocolate sandwich cookies
- optional melted white chocolate tinted* (we used red and green in the photo at right)
- optional decorative spinkles and jimmies
- Makes about 4 dozen spoons
- Melt candy melts in microwave, double boiler or oven set on lowest temperature. Or follow directions to melt and temper chocolate.
- * To tint chocolate or candy melts do not use regular food colorings (both liquid and paste) -- they will cause the candy to "seize" and get grainy. Use only special powder or gel candy colors.
- If you want to completely coat the cookies, dip one side, let dry before dipping the second side (see photos below). You can also choose to dip only half the cookie -- in which case, stand on end on waxed paper to dry. Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle with colored jimmies, if desired. Alternatively, you can color some of the melted white chocolate and drizzle it decoratively over the cookies. Order Candy Making Supplies Candy melts, candy colors, chocolate molds and more.