- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/chicken-or-turkey-egg-foo-young
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Turkey or Chicken Egg Foo Young. Here's an easy and delicious way to use up leftover chicken or turkey. Keep it handy after Thanksgiving.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Combine chicken, mushrooms, bean sprouts, carrot and green onion in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, soy sauce, black and red pepper together. Stir into chicken mixture.
- Add oil to large oven-safe skillet and sauté mixture over medium-high heat 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes longer, without stirring, or until mixture is lightly browned and set on bottom. Transfer to oven and place 3 inches under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until top is lightly browned.