- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Recipe for Chicken Croquettes. Any fan of down-home, country cooking, will love this good old-fashioned American recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked, minced chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion juice or 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley or celery
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- oil for deep fat frying
- Quick Method: Omit cooling and drop in a skillet and Fry like pancakes. These are good with ketchup.
- Freezes Well: Put in a tight container. When ready to use, place on cookie sheets, cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350°F until hot.
- Variation: Mix 2 cups cooked chopped chicken, 2 cups bread crumbs, 2 beaten eggs, 1/4 cup chopped onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Shape into balls and follow the directions above.