- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/caramel-apples-and-carrots
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3 cups sliced, peeled apples
- 1-1/2 cup peeled baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dried, tart cherries
- Place apples, carrots, water and salt in 3-quart saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until water starts to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes; drain. Add remaining ingredients, tossing gently until combined. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes longer or until sugar is dissolved and apples are glazed. Serve hot with turkey or pork.