- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/cannelini-beans-with-portobello-mushrooms
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Chef Desi Szonntaugh's Cannelini Beans with Portobello Mushrooms. You can serve this on its own or use it as an ingredient in other dishes.
- 2 cups cannelini beans
- 2 cups chopped portobello mushroom caps
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and pick over beans to remove any foreign particles. Soak beans and cook according to package directions. Chef Desi cautions not to add salt to cooking beans as it can make them tough. salt the beans after cooking.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and chopped Portobellos and sauté until mushrooms are tender -- about 5 - 7 minutes. Stir in cooked, drained cannelini beans. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serves 6 as a Side Dish