- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/butterfly-decorated-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Butterfly Decorated Cookies. These beautiful cookies will enhance any springtime dessert tray or Easter basket.
- 1 batch butter cookies (click this link for recipe)
- 3 cups royal icing (click this link for recipe), divided and tinted with gel food coloring to make:
- 1/2 cup red, thin consistency
- 1 3/4 cups orange, thin consistency
- 1/4 cup pink, thin consitency
- 1/2 cup yellow, thin consistency 4 pastry bags and couplers #3 round decorating tips
- Click here for Butterfly Cookie Pattern.
- Print out Butterfly pattern and cut out a template that you can use to cut cookies out of the sugar cookie dough. Bake according to recipe directions and cool completely.
- 1. Using a round tip #3, pipe a red outline around the center of the cookie to form the body of the Butterfly.
- 2. Using a round tip #3, pipe red icing to cover the surface of the body within the outline. Let dry for 30 minutes.
- 3. Using a round tip #3, pipe an orange outline around the body to create a bold border.
- 4. Using a round tip #3, pipe an orange outline around the the wings.
- 5. Using a round tip #3, pipe orange icing to cover the wings. Let dry for 30 minutes.
- 6. Using a round tip #3, pipe a pink outline around the wings to create a bold border.
- 7. Using a round tip #3, pipe yellow decorations on the wings.
- Click here for the FabulousFoods.com Cookie Decorating tutorial.