- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/brownies-with-irish-cream-icing
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Brownies with Irish Cream Icing. The rich topping, made with Irish Cream liqueur and white chocolate, really sets these fudgy brownies apart.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup Irish Cream liqueur (such as Bailey\'s or Carolans)
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Line a 8\" x 8\" baking pan with aluminum foil , leaving at least 2 inches of foil overhanging on all sides (this will help you life the finished brownies out of the pan and eliminate messy pan clean-up). Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar, vanilla and salt into chocolate mixture, followed by the eggs, one at a time. Continue whisking mixture until it is shiny and smooth. Add flour and whisk just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and level top. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until cake tester comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Cool completely in pan.
- Heat liqueur to a boil, remove from heat and whisk in white chocolate until it is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Refrigerate until mixture becomes thick enough to spread, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Spread topping over brownies and refrigerate until cold. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. To cut, simply lift brownies, foil and all out of pan, peel off foil and cut.