- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/broiled-green-tomatoes-with-goat-cheese
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Broiled Green Tomatoes with Goat Cheese. Here's an elegant side dish that puts all those extra green tomatoes you have to use.
- 4 medium green tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese (feta or chevre)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and coarsely ground fresh ground black pepper
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices. Coat a shallow baking dish with oil. Place tomato slices, in a single, overlapping layer, in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with vinegar scatter minced oregano over tomato slices. Top with crumbled goat cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil 5-8 inches below a preheated broiler and broil until tomatoes are hot and cheese is just starting to brown, about 7-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.