- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/bride-of-frankenstein-halloween-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Easy to Make Bride of Frankenstein Cookies for Halloween. A fun and easy cookie design from the party divas at ThePartyWorks.com.
- You Will Need:
- your favorite sugar cookie (or other roll-able and cut-able cookie dough recipe)
- royal icing
- food coloring
- decorating bags and tips
- tombstone shaped cookie cutter
- ghost shaped cookie cutter
- Each cookie serves 1
- Prepare your favorite sugar cookie. Tint dough in combination Leaf Green and Lemon Yellow. Cut, bake and cool cookies using tombstone cutter from Halloween set (Wilton). Cut, bake and cool cookies using ghost cutter from set. Place cookies on cooling rack over a drip pan. Thin your favorite Royal Icing recipe and pour over cookie; let cookies dry overnight on waxed paper.
- The next day, decorate cookies on waxed paper with with full-strength Royal Icing. Using a Tip5, decorate face area using a combination of leaf green and Lemon yellow; pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Using Tip 2, pipe mouth in black and dot eyes in white; add Tip1 and add "pull-out" lashes and dot pupils in black.
- Tint a portion of Royal Icing gray by using black color. Pipe Tip 2 zigzag hair on tombstone shaped cookies, alternating rows of gray and white. Pipe Tip 4 dot hands and fingers in leaf green/Lemon yellow combination. Use icing to attach hair cookie to body cookie. Let dry overnight on waxed paper.