- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 31, 2011
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/blackened-alaskan-cod-with-dill-sauce
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
This is a delicious recipe for blackened Alaskan cod with dill sauce. Serve this Blackened Alaskan Cod with Dill Sauce for an easy and elegant weeknight dinner the whole family will love.
- Canola oil
- 4, 4- to 6-ounce Alaskan cod fillets, skinned
- 3 tablespoons blackening seasoning (recommended: Paul Prudhomme)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional for added heat)
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Alaskan Cod Dill Sauce
- Preheat teppanyaki or saute pan on power level number 11 for 15 minutes; drizzle hot teppanyaki with oil.
- Combine blackening season, brown sugar, and black pepper (if using) on a plate; rub blackening mixture generously on the top and bottom of each fillet; cook for about 6 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through.
- Arrange fillets on a serving platter, and place a dollop of dill sauce over each.
- Directions for Dill Sauce
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, garlic, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.