- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/black-truffle-goat-cheese-potato-pave
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 12 Yukon potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups goat cheese
- 1/2 cup black truffle shavings
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss the potato slices with the cream until thoroughly coated. Line a 2-inch deep baking pan with aluminum foil and generously butter the foil.
- Arrange 4 layers of the potatoes in the bottom of the pan and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of the goat cheese and black truffle shavings on the potatoes and cover with 4 layers of potato. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle on the remaining goat cheese and black truffle shavings, and layer the remaining potatoes over the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the pave tightly with a sheet of aluminum foil. Place the pave into the 350 degree oven and let bake for 45 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes to let brown.
- Place in refrigerator to cool completely allowing the flavors to set. Invert the pave onto a baking sheet, remove the bottom piece of foil, and cut into desired shape. Place the shaped pave in a large sauté pan with canola oil and cook over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Carefully turn the pave over and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown and warmed through.