- Recipe created by FabFood on Jan 31, 2011
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/beef-tenderloin-with-red-wine-balsamic-reduction
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- Ingredients for Beef Tenderloin
- 8, 6- to 8-ounce beef tenderloin steaks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Ingredients for Red Wine Balsamic Reduction
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Directions for Beef Tenderloin
- Sprinkle each steak with salt, pepper, and garlic; place steaks on platter, cover with plastic wrap and leave out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for at least 15 minutes.
- Once grill is hot, place steaks on grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes a side. Use an instant read thermometer to check steaks for doneness. Once steaks reach an internal temperature of 135 degrees F (rare), they are done. Other temperatures are 145 to 150 degrees F (medium) and 160 degrees F (well done).
- Directions for Red Wine Balsamic Reduction
- Cook shallots in butter over low heat in medium saucepan until softened, about 3 minutes; turn heat to medium-high and add red wine and vinegar; boil until mixture reduces to half, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, if using; continue to boil at medium-high heat until mixture reduces to a syrupy consistency, about 10 additional minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper.