- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/baked-irish-style-parsnips
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 2 1/2 pounds parsnips
- 2 tablespoons butter or bacon fat
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F (or whichever temperature you need to cook the meat course of your meal).
- Peel parsnips, quarter, and remove any woody core. Parboil for 15 minutes. Place parsnips in an ovenproof dish. Add stock and sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Dot with butter and bake for 30 minutes. Generally parsnips are baked in the same oven as the main meat dish, whose cooking temperature governs that of the parsnips, which is fine if you too are cooking a meat main course along with this side dish.