- Recipe created by FabFood on Dec 13, 2010
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/bacon-lettuce-and-grape-canapes
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
The revival of good-quality bacon has given new life to the traditional BLT. In this classy version the bread is artisan, the bacon is applewood-smoked, the lettuce is crisy Romaine and the grapes top it off with a flacor and sensation that's unexpectedly
- 6 slices artisan white bread, ¼-inch thick, crusts removed
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 each inner romaine leaves, rinsed and dried
- 8 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 24 each red seedless California grapes, rinsed and dried
- 24 each decorative bamboo skewers
- Lightly toast the bread and cut into one-inch squares (about 4 squares per slice). Spread a 1/4 teaspoon of mayonnaise in the middle of each piece. Fold the romaine leaves in half lengthwise.
- Cut romaine into one-inch squares along the spine, so that each square includes the spine of the leaf on one edge. Prepare 24 one-inch lettuce squares.
- Cook the bacon until tender but not crisp. Cut each cooked slice into 3 one-inch squares, to end up with 24 squares of bacon.
- To assemble:
- On each decorative bamboo toothpick, skewer one red grape, one square of bacon, a fold of lettuce and a square of toast.
- Place skewers on serving plate or platter and serve.
- Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 66; Protein 1 g; Carbohydrate 3 g; Fat 5.4 g; 75% Calories from Fat; Cholesterol 6 mg; Sodium 86 mg; Fiber .22 g.