- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/avocados-stuffed-with-tropical-fruit-and-berries
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, preferably French
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries, sliced strawberries, and raspberries or blackberries
- 1 cup peeled diced tropical fruit, such as mango, papaya, cherimoya, pineapple, kiwi, or melon
- 4 ripe avocados, preferably Haas variety
- Purée the 2/3 cup raspberries with the mustard, vinegar, honey, and olive oil in a blender until smooth, thick and creamy, about 1 minute. Push the dressing through a strainer to remove the seeds, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Place the mixed berries and fruit in a large bowl. Gently fold in enough dressing to coat them lightly and transfer the remainder to a sauce boat.
- Cut the avocados in half, discard the pits, and slice a sliver off the bottom of each so they sit flat. Season lightly with salt and pepper and set them on plates or a platter. Spoon the fruit into the cavities, letting it overflow attractively. Serve with the remaining dressing on the side.
Spreads, Fruit, Fruit, Fruit, Fruit, Other, Vegetarian, Camping, RV, Picnics, Brown Bagging, Quick and Easy, Kid Friendly, Eating Light, Valentines Day, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Fourth of July, Vegetable, Vegan