- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/asparagus-with-citrus-ginger-dip
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Asparagus with Citrus Ginger Dip. The zesty, creamy dressing makes this asparagus dish something special.
- 2 pounds asparagus
- 3/4 cup fat-reduced mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Makes 8 Appetizer Servings
- Snap tough ends off asparagus. Peel stalks, if desired.
- In a large skillet, bring about 1-inch of water to boiling. Add asparagus and simmer, uncovered, until barely tender, about 4-5 minutes. Drain and dunk in ice water until cold; Drain, cover and chill until serving.
- Meanwhile, combine well all remaining ingredients in medium mixing bowl. Transfer to serving bowl, serve with asparagus spears or cover and chill until serving.
- Per Serving: 127 Cal 8g Fat 5g Protein 10g Carb 235mg Sodium 50mg Calcium
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 Vegetable; 1-1/2 Fat