- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/asian-style-roast-turkey
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
- 1 whole turkey
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 -2 tablespoons sesame oil
- kosher salt
- coarsely ground black pepper
- Remove giblets and neck from turkey, reserve for gravy. Rinse turkey with cold running water and drain well. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 325° degrees. Combine first all ingredients except green onion and cilantro and rub over turkey to coat. Pour remaining sauce into cavity. Add green onions and cilantro to cavity. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large shallow (about 2 1/2" deep) roasting pan. Sprinkle inside and out with salt and pepper. Insert an oven safe meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, being careful the pointed end of the thermometer does not touch the bone. Pour poultry stock into bottom of pan.
- Roast turkey in a pre-heated, 325° F. oven. To determine the approximate amount of time needed for cooking, click here for our turkey Roasting Chart. Loosely cover with aluminum foil to prevent over browning, remove foil during last hour and a half of cooking time. Continue to roast until thermometer registers 180 degrees F in the thigh, or 170 degrees F. in the breast.
- Remove turkey from the oven and allow it to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.