- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/apple-dutch-baby-pancake
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Apple Dutch Baby Pancake. Apples and raisins take the theme of the already spectacular Dutch Baby pancake to new heights. Your guests will never guess it was so easy to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 small or 2 large apples, any type but Macintosh
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- confectioner\'s sugar and fresh lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425Â° F.
- Core apples and cut into 1/4\" thick slices. In a large, heavy oven-proof skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add apples, raisins, 2 tablespoons sugar, orange juice and cinnamon. Cook, stirring frequently, for 6-8 minutes bowl and set aside. Beat eggs until foamy, gradually add milk, flour, the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and the vanilla and Beat for a minute pr two longer or until batter is smooth. Add remaining tablespoon of butter to the same skillet. Place in oven to melt. Watch carefully, it will only take about a minute. Pour batter into hot skillet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully spoon apple mixture into center of pancake. Return to oven and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cut into quarters and, if desired, sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and confectioner\'s sugar.