- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Apple crisp recipe perfect for fall when apples are in season. This apple crisp recipe uses rolled oats for the topping.
- 5 medium apples (about 2 pounds) peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter (1/2 stick), cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly butter an 8-by-8-inch baking dish.
- Combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Place apple mixture in the prepared baking dish and set aside.
- Mix brown sugar, oats, flour, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl until evenly combined.
- Use your fingers to mix in butter until small clumps form and butter is well incorporated
- Sprinkle topping evenly over apples and bake until topping is crispy and apples are tender, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.