- Recipe created by FabFood on Jul 23, 2007
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/apple-butterscotch-bars
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipe for Diabetic Friendly Apple Butterscotch Squares. The flavors of apples and butterscotch blend perfectly in these light whole grain cookies.
- 3 large apples, grated
- 1/2 cup fat-reduced Imperial(r) margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch 1 Fat
- Cream together margarine and sugar; blend in eggs, sour cream, milk and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients together and blend into creamed mixture. Add grated apples and butterscotch chips. Spread batter into a 9-inch square baking pan which has been coated with a butter flavored vegetable spray. Bake