- Recipe created by FabFood on Aug 28, 2009
- Permalink: http://sheknows.com/recipes/almond-toffee-crunch-cookies
- View more recipes by FabFood.
- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: –
Recipes for Almond Toffee Crunch Cookies. Toasted almond pieces and the crunch of toffee in a shortbread-like cookie. Oh My!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil, such as canola or extra light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 2/3 cups coarsely chopped almonds, lightly toasted
- 8 to 10 ounces toffee bits
- granulated sugar for rolling and pressing the dough
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer in a large bowl, blend together the sugars, butter and oil until well combined.
- Add almond extract and eggs and mix well. blend in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar.
- Stir in the almonds and toffee bits, mixing well to distribute.
- Cover and chill the dough for 1 hour. Scoop dough into large tablespoon sized balls, roll in sugar.
- Place 5 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press dough with the bottom of a glass dipped in additional sugar. Bake for 14 to 19 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges.
- Cool 1 minute, then remove from cookie sheets to wire racks to cool completely.