I know, I know, that's a very bold statement. But once you take a bite of this incredible Alfredo, you'll understand. The secret ingredient, tofu, adds a punch of protein and gives every bite an extra richness and creaminess. And the pasta is gluten-free, too!
Vegan & gluten-free Olive Garden fettuccine
Serves about 6
- 1-1/2 pounds extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup soy or almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/2 cup soy Parmesan
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter (we used Earth Balance)
- 16 ounces gluten-free fettuccine
- About 1-1/4 cups peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a dash of salt. Add the pasta and boil for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse in a colander under cold water.
- In a blender, blend the tofu, milk, basil, soy Parmesan, vegan butter and salt and pepper. Blend until thick and creamy.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta and peas. Serve with an extra garnish of cracked pepper.