This fall-inspired tart is the perfect elegant dish to bring to any of your fall parties, and even works as a beautiful side for Thanksgiving! Pair with your favorite wine for the perfect chilly day meal.
Pear, apple and onion tart
Serves about 8
- 1 pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 green pear, sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup blue cheese
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Press the pie crust into a pie plate, making sure you have enough crust to go up the sides. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until slightly golden.
- Layer the ricotta cheese on the bottom of the pie crust. Top with 1 layer of pears, 1 layer of apples, onions and then another layer of pears and apples. Top the tart with blue cheese, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is melted.