Sweet and spicy, this honey Sriracha chicken sandwich is easy because your slow cooker does all the work. A little spicy, a lot of flavor and crazy tasty, why would you make a spicy chicken sandwich any other way?
Honey-Sriracha chicken sandwich recipe
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger (or ginger paste)
- 2 pounds chicken
- 1/2 small onion (roughly chopped)
- Wheat or multigrain buns
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- In a blender, combine the honey, ketchup, barbecue sauce, Sriracha, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper powder, garlic powder and ginger and mix well.
- Pour the blended mixture into a slow cooker with chicken and onions. Set to high and cook for 1 hour.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 2 more hours or until the chicken easily pulls apart with a fork. Shred chicken using 2 forks and place on a wheat bun heel. Top with thinly-sliced cucumber and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.