If you can't get your kids (or overly picky husband) to eat their veggies, this is the perfect way to trick them! You don't get any sweet potato flavor, only creamy cheesecake and a dash of sweetness. Why can't all vegetables taste this good?
Mini sweet potato cheesecakes
Yields 12 cheesecakes
For the crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the filling:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, baked
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with butter and stir to combine. Press the graham crackers into the muffin tins with your hands so it sticks. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Scoop the flesh out of the sweet potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, cinnamon, egg, salt and extract. Using an electric mixer, beat until creamy and smooth.
- Top the crusts with filling (to the top of the cavities). Sprinkle the tops with chopped pecans and bake for about 23 minutes.