The ribbon zucchini and squash give you the illusion of pasta, just without all of those pesky carbohydrates and calories. Paired with shredded Brussels sprouts, plump tomatoes and lump crab meat, this fresh spring salad is perfect for garden parties, a Mother's Day luncheon or just a healthy lunch!
Shaved zucchini, crab and Brussels sprout salad
Serves about 6
For the salad:
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 summer squash
- 1 large plump tomato
- 1 cup shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 2/3 cup crab meat
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (we used fresh Parmesan)
For the dressing:
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4-1/2 tablespoons light mayo
- Pinches of sugar & salt
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Using a potato peeler, shave the skins off the zucchini and summer squash. Then use the potato peeler to carefully peel the flesh off the squash and zucchini into thin ribbons. Place in a bowl and mix with shredded Brussels sprouts and tomatoes.
- Mix the dressing together with Dijon mustard, mayo, sugar, salt and white wine vinegar. Toss the salad in the dressing. Serve in 6 bowls.
- Garnish each salad bowl with a few croutons and about 1-1/2 tablespoons of crab meat.