This bite-size bruschetta makes it easier to enjoy your favorite bloody mary, no glass, straw or even fork required. These are perfect for any BBQ, pool party or brunch on the patio. Or you could just do what we did and eat the entire platter for breakfast. That works too.
Bloody mary bruschetta
Serves about 22
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons spicy bloody mary mix
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vodka
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- Celery leaves for garnish
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, celery, vodka and bloody mary mix. Add salt and pepper. Let marinate for about an hour and a half.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the slices of bread on a pizza baking dish and sprinkle with olive oil. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. While slices of bread are still warm, spread with about 1 teaspoon of goat cheese.
- Drain the extra liquid from the tomatoes and scoop about 1 tablespoon of diced tomatoes onto each crostini. Garnish with celery leaves.