When you add the sauteed bananas to the blender WITH your ice cream, along with a shot of whipped cream vodka (or spiced rum), you get pure perfection!
Sauteed bananas, caramel and spiced rum milkshakes
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups milk or vanilla soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 shots whipped cream vodka
- 2 shots spiced rum
For the caramel bananas:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (amount to your taste)
- In a medium sized pan over medium-high heat, combine the butter and brown sugar.
- Now add the bananas, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the nutmeg and cinnamon and set aside to cool.
For the milkshake:
- In a blender, blend the ice cream, milk, vanilla, vodka and spiced rum.
- Add all but 1 or 2 bananas (save for garnish).
- Pour your milkshake into a tall glass, and then top with whipped cream and drizzle caramel sauce on top, and garnish with a banana slice.