I like chocolate just as much as the next guy, actually no… a lot more than the next guy. That’s why it’s hard to say no to seconds (or thirds!). That’s one of the reasons I like these recipes that make only one serving. However, why would you go to so much work making homemade muffins if it’s just for one little muffin? So I like to do microwave baking now and then. It literally takes seconds to mix up a little something in a mug and then microwave it for a couple of minutes. It tastes amazing and can fix that nagging chocolate craving right away.
Chocolate muffin in a mug
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa
- 1 heaping tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chocolate icing
- 2-3 pecans or walnuts
- Crack egg in a mug and whisk with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Let cool.
- Drizzle with chocolate icing and top with a couple of pecans.