You may not be able to take a long trip down to Mexico, but you can certainly eat like you're there. These luscious, creamy, sweet and fluffy banana cream pie bars taste just like the summertime pie, just in a portable bar form. One bite will have you thinking it's summer!
Banana cream pie bars
Recipe adapted from Just A Pinch
Yields about 10 bars
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or Nilla wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-1/2 large bananas, sliced
- About 3 cups milk
- 2 packages vanilla pudding
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-5 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the whipping cream into a chilled mixing bowl. Beat on high, adding sugar every 30 seconds, until mixture forms stiff peaks. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and cinnamon. Press into the bottom of the greased baking dish with your hands. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, add milk to the pudding powder and whisk for about 2 minutes. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the banana slices on the top of the crust, leaving just a few for the top of the bars. Cover the banana slices with the pudding, saving about 1 cup of the pudding. Mix 1 cup of the pudding with 1/2 of the whipped cream mixture. Cover the pudding layer with the whipped cream/pudding mixture.
- Chill bars for at least 3 hours. Then, top with remaining whipped cream and leftover banana slices.